This is so easy to make and so satisfying. It’s also a treat for those who do not like mayo. Serving size is one cup, and 3 Weight Watchers smart points!
- 2 large fresh apples – pick your favorite – about 2 cups
- 4 cups of cooked, skinless, boneless chicken breast, chopped
- 8 oz Dannon Oikos plain greek nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 tsp lemon juice, bottled
- Place cooked chicken breast*, apple, and cranberries in a bowl and stir to combine
- In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and lemon juice
- Add to chicken mixture and stir to mix well
- Stir in parsley if desired
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Note: I season my chicken breast and boil in crock pot until done. Makes 8, 1 cup, servings. You can serve on a bed of lettuce and garnish to your heart’s desires!
- 2 to 2/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Put flour in a bowl, make a well & add the oil, eggs, salt, fennel seeds, black pepper, and baking powder.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon to form a large ball, then just take a pinch at a time & twist or braid also can roll into balls. Can make them large or small. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- You may frost with powdered sugar icing if you wish.
Directions for Powdered sugar Icing (makes a lot so you may want to cut in half):
- 1 box of powdered sugar
- A few tablespoons of milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon or anise flavoring
- Combine sugar, milk and flavoring in a medium bowl, stirring well until you dissolve all the sugar – (I use a whisk)
- One pound of Italian Sausage hot or medium
- Four medium potatoes peeled and quartered ( I like the golden or red potatoes)
- One medium onion sliced thinly or to your preference
- Three to four sweet peppers sliced length wise medium (any color you prefer)
- Olive Oil (enough to coat veggies and brown sausage)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat vegetables with olive oil and set aside
- Brown sausage in a cast iron skillet coated lightly with olive oil on medium flame.
- When browned, remove from the heat.
- Add onions, peppers, and potatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a small amount of water to skillet cover with lid.
- Place cast iron skillet in a 350 degree oven for 45 min depending on your oven.
- Check at 30 min and stir the ingredients leave the cover off and continue cooking until the potatoes are brown.
– 2 (15 oz) cans of pink salmon
– 2 eggs (1 egg per can)
– 2 tsp of flour (1 per can)
– chopped onions to taste
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tsp of baking powder (add last and right before shaping into patties to cook)
Preparation (makes 8 servings or patties)
– Remove salmon from can and discard water. Clean salmon by removing skin and bones. Place in bowl large enough to hold salmon and all other ingredients.
– heat peanut oil in frying pan (just enough oil to cover bottom of pan about 1/4 inch)
– combine all ingredients and form patties (note: it helps to periodically wet hands so that mixture does not stick to your hands)
– coat patty with seafood seasoning and gently place in skillet ensuring oil is hot enough to fry. Turn periodically to obtain a golden brown crust on patty. Remove from skillet and drain
– keep warm in oven (be careful not to over cook)