My husband loves this recipe and suggested I share it with the world! It’s very easy to make. If you like chicken soup, this version includes drumsticks versus chicken pieces which makes it fun to eat! For our Weight Watcher community, it’s 6 smart points for one cup of soup minus the rice or pasta. To serve, add soup in a bowl first, and the chicken drumsticks last. Don’t forget a separate place setting for your chicken bones. 🙂
- 12 Chicken drumsticks
- 10.5 oz of fat free condensed cream of chicken and/or cream of celery soup
- 4 cups of water
- 1-16 oz bag of frozen corn
- 1-16 oz bag of frozen green beans
- 1-48 oz container of liquid Chicken broth
- season to taste with seasoning salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, onions, 2 bay leaves, and celery
- 1/2 cup of your favorite pasta or rice (optional)
- Use paring knife and pull back skin to remove from chicken drumstick
- Place raw chicken drumsticks, water and chicken broth in 6 quart pan and boil until done (can be cooked in a crock pot) about 45 to 60 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients to pot – corn and green beans (use the vegetables of your choice. I generally used frozen mixed veggies but I was out.) – simmer for 20 min.
- Measure out one cup of soup, minus the chicken drumsticks, and pour over rice or pasta (I cook separately).
- Ensure you have a plate to put the chicken bones while eating. Enjoy!
Serves 6 (assumes two drumsticks per person)