Thanks so much Joanne!
- 4-5 cups of flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 pound of butter melted and cooled
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups honey
- 2 tbsp apple jelly
- 1/2 cup white wine or pink Catawba
- Bring to a boil and then shut it off
- Beat eggs, add sugar and mix well. Then add the melted butter and mix well.
- Add flour and baking powder to mixture slowly, mixing well by hand and with a wooden spoon until soft to roll like a pie crust. Roll out on counter top or wooden board. Cut into strips. Using the tines of a fork, press the long edges of each strip, and make one loop to look like a bow.
- Deep fry until golden brown, remove and drain on paper towels.
- Then place cookie strips in the honey mixture (from above) and put in a crock by layers. Sprinkle each layer with cinnamon and chopped walnuts. Cover the crock with a dish and aluminum foil, place in a cool dark place for at least 2 weeks.