- 2 to 2/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 3 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Put flour in a bowl, make a well & add the oil, eggs, salt, fennel seeds, black pepper, and baking powder.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon to form a large ball, then just take a pinch at a time & twist or braid also can roll into balls. Can make them large or small. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- You may frost with powdered sugar icing if you wish.
Directions for Powdered sugar Icing (makes a lot so you may want to cut in half):
- 1 box of powdered sugar
- A few tablespoons of milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon or anise flavoring
- Combine sugar, milk and flavoring in a medium bowl, stirring well until you dissolve all the sugar – (I use a whisk)