– 2 (15 oz) cans of pink salmon
– 2 eggs (1 egg per can)
– 2 tsp of flour (1 per can)
– chopped onions to taste
– salt and pepper to taste
– 1 tsp of baking powder (add last and right before shaping into patties to cook)
Preparation (makes 8 servings or patties)
– Remove salmon from can and discard water. Clean salmon by removing skin and bones. Place in bowl large enough to hold salmon and all other ingredients.
– heat peanut oil in frying pan (just enough oil to cover bottom of pan about 1/4 inch)
– combine all ingredients and form patties (note: it helps to periodically wet hands so that mixture does not stick to your hands)
– coat patty with seafood seasoning and gently place in skillet ensuring oil is hot enough to fry. Turn periodically to obtain a golden brown crust on patty. Remove from skillet and drain
– keep warm in oven (be careful not to over cook)
This looks like another good recipe to try.
Paula Dean also has a version of this recipe.