The girls (Mom, Daughter and I) cruised 4-11 Jun 2016 to Haiti, Jamaica and Cozumel, Mexico. This was our first cruise. Lessons learned:
1. Don’t start your cruise on your travel day. We discovered that even with insurance, if your flight is delayed or anything happens that makes you miss your ship, the best the insurance can do is fly you to the next port. This will shorten your cruise, and in our case by 2 days. I don’t know what other compensations are available, but the cruise ship waits for no one! So this time we flew a day early, spent the night in a hotel that provided travel to the port as well as pick you up when you return. You have a choice of going directly to the airport or do more excursions before boarding your plane.
2. Remember to pack sundries because they cost lots of money while on the cruise. Examples of things to bring are:
- Sea bands or motion sickness meds
- Over the counter meds for tummy issues, colds, pain, etc
- Your favorite snacks unless you know you can get them on the cruise. Examples includes nuts, chips or your favorite treat.
- Sunscreen, insect repellant