My family and I just came returned from a “Back to Back” or B2B cruise. You might ask, what’s that? Well, it’s where you take at least two cruises back to back. For example, we cruised 4-7 Jan 2019 on the Carnival Victory out of Miami to Overnight Nassau. Then we stayed on the same ship, same cabins (you have to ask for this!), and cruised 7-11 Jan 2019 on the Carnival Victory to Key West and Cozumel. Because we had the same room, there was no need to pack our suitcases. In between cruises, we had a leisurely day eating breakfast, waiting for all to exit ship, and then we got priority “boarding” for our second cruise. We only had to exit to show our passports to customs, re-board and receive our new sign and sail cards. The process was easy. Note: Each cruise is separate so you do need to settle each cruise account separately.
Between The Dashes focuses on the stories in my families’ lives from birth until death. This story is about the time I met Billy Dee Williams! If someone asked me prior to meeting Billy Dee, if this was even possible, I would have told you “know way!” But it did happen, and I am going to share proof of that moment.
Billy Dee Williams was one of my favorite African-American actors. He was handsome, …very handsome, and just down right awesome! He seemed to “glow” on camera, and he looked even better the larger the screen! He’s played in a lot of movies highlighted below:
- Lady Sings the Blues – played Louis McKay, the husband of Billie Holiday! (1973)
- Star Wars Series – played Lando Calrissian
- Batman – played district attorney Harvey Dent (1989)
- Brian’s Song – played Gale Sayers (running back for Chicago Bears football team) (2001)
- Mahogany – played Brian Walker who is the love interest of Diana Ross (Mahogany) (1975)
- Undercover Brother – played Gen. Warren Boutwell, a U.S. Army general based on Colin Powell
- The Jacksons: An American Dream – played Berry Gordy, founder of the Motown record label, movie in three parts on YouTube