On 19 Aug 2015, I posted 50 Interview Questions. Following is a summary of answers to questions 16-20 from the interview with my Mom. Enjoy!
- Do you remember any fads from your youth? Popular hairstyles? Clothes?
- Paper dolls, roller skates (clamped on your shoes with a key)
- My dolls hair used to be glued on. Over time, the manufacturer changed the hair so it looked like it was growing out of the dolls head. This made all the difference in the world! I could finally wash my dolls hair without her loosing it!
- I used to fall asleep with bubble gum in my hair. My mother was constantly cutting my hair to remove the gum. Madame C. J. Walker invented the straightening comb and many ladies got her hair pressed.
- Long skirts were in style. My favorite skirt is in the following picture: