- 1 dark moist chocolate fudge cake mix (Duncan Hines is good)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (soaked in whisky) raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup water.
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dutch cocoa
- 2 1/2 – 3 1/2 cups flour
- Throw everything together except flour.
- Start with 2 1/2 cups flour and keep adding flour a little at a time until you can roll into balls without being sticky.
- Place on un-greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes do not leave in any longer as they continue to cook after removing from the oven.
- Frost with powdered sugar icing (add sprinkles if desired).
Directions for Powdered sugar Icing (makes a lot so you may want to cut in half):
- 1 box of powdered sugar
- A few tablespoons of milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon or anise flavoring
- Combine sugar, milk and flavoring in a medium bowl, stirring well until sugar is dissolved – (I use a whisk)